Cloud Data Viz and Analytics Health Check
Uncover the fitness of your Cloud Data Viz & AnalyticsGet my free score
What to Look for in an Embedded Data Analytics Solution
Embedded analytics solutions offer businesses all the benefits of data-driven decisions without the headache of complex tasks like exporting data, converting files, and working in code. As a result, you can get straight to the good part: asking the right questions to grow your business.
If you’re ready to take advantage of next-gen tools but aren’t sure which software to choose, this article is for you. We’ll quickly run through what embedded analytics are and why they matter before outlining what you need to look out for when comparing different analytics platforms like Astrato, Power BI, and more.
Read on to learn more and discover which Business Intelligence tools are best for your organization.
What are embedded analytics?
Garner defines embedded analytics as “a digital workplace capability where data analysis occurs within a user’s natural workflow.” This means that employees don’t need to export data into other software for follow-up analysis – as is often the case when analytics aren’t embedded.
For example, instead of having to switch applications and load data, handy insights are available at the touch of a button as you work, allowing you to understand new business opportunities and risks at a glance. The result is that you and your employees have the support and insights you need to be more productive, accurate or efficient while working.
As a next-gen data visualization and Business Intelligence platform, we like to write about embedded analytics (a lot!). We go into more detail about the benefits of embedded analytics solutions below, but you can also find more information in one of our previous articles, too.
What are the benefits of embedded data analytics tools?
Embedded analytics and data visualization solutions offer a range of advantages for organizations and users alike. Some of which include:
- Usability: Embedded analytics tools are highly intuitive and easy to use. The point-and-click interface means users don’t need to use code to pull data and run commands, or extensive analytics capabilities. Instead, users can build, share and embed dashboards easily, no matter their previous experience with analytics tools.
- Speed of use: Drag-and-drop features mean users can quickly create plots from important data sources and access analytics capabilities in their everyday work. Leading BI platforms, in particular, let you embed live dashboards into common business applications like Salesforce and Hubspot to give up-to-date insights on your organization’s performance.
- Richer context: Interactive charts embedded across your organization let you see how key performance metrics change as you include and exclude different data sources. In turn, this interactivity can help an end user ask more informed questions and gain more actionable insight.
- Accessibility: Leading Business Intelligence software gives everyone access to data through self-reporting tools. This not only removes bottlenecks on your existing data teams, but also equips everyone with analytics capabilities, giving everyone the power to generate reports and make data-driven strategic decisions.
Given all these benefits, it’s no wonder why spending on analytics tools is on the rise as more firms access these new heights of Business Intelligence. As a result, companies need to act quickly and find scalable analytics tools to embed across their organizations.
What do you need to embed analytics in your organization?
If you’re ready to expand your analytics capabilities and adopt an embedded analytics platform, here are some steps on what to do. The three key pillars for any successful digital transformation strategy are the right people, the right platform, and the right partner.
The right team can help make your software implementation more effective by helping you understand where some stakeholders may lag in adopting the new digital tools. In turn, you can plan for contingencies to minimize business disruption and maintain buy-in for your new data-driven business direction.
The next two – platform and partner – are interlinked. You may already be familiar with platforms like Qlik Sense, SAP, Power BI, Tableau, and Astrato. Some come with direct support from the software developer while others have an ecosystem of third parties that can help with the implementation process. Once you’ve found an embedded BI platform that fits your business needs, you must also find a trusted partner to help you adopt it.
We go into more detail about finding the right platform below, but if you want to learn more about deploying an embedded analytics platform in your organization check out our detailed guide here.
How to identify the best tools to embed analytics in your organization
Now that we’ve considered how to adopt an embedded analytics platform in your organization, we can finally discuss which one you might want to use. It’s worth noting that not all BI platforms are created equal. When comparing various embedded BI tools, look for ones with the following features:
- A cloud-native architecture to ensure you have access to live analytics solutions and real-time insights straight from your data warehouse.
- Deep integrations with other apps and digital environments, so you can start embedding analytics wherever you work.
- An accessible UI, so your teams can take advantage of visualizations quickly and easily without needing any prior experience in big data technologies.
Combined, these features will ensure you can embed data insights across your organization and seamlessly identify new opportunities to grow your business and become more efficient.
Equip your organization with cutting-edge BI tools from Astrato
Astrato is a low/no-code BI solution capable of building powerful data visualizations and custom data applications easily and at scale. Our platform offers a range of tools to help you build a deeper understanding of your business and comes with a transparent pricing structure.
Discover how to embed analytics across your business with no coding skills: see Astrato in action by booking a demo today.