Astrato GoodViz Challenge:
A DataViz Competition with a Mission
Calling all creators and dataviz enthusiasts. It's time to show off your skills in our Astrato GoodViz Challenge! We've created this challenge to encourage more #dataforgood initiatives that create a positive impact in the world!
Plus, we get to show off the incredible talent in our Astrato Community! And the best news is that the winning entry will receive a $1,000 prize! If you think you've got what it takes, then read on!
What you need to know
- Dashboards: dashboards must be created using Astrato and submitted via Astrato Galaxy or via LinkedIn (See the detailed instructions below)
- Closing date: competition entries close on 30 June
- Judging: Joe, Emily and Jane - from our amazing Industry Solutions team - will judge all the entries
- Winners: competition winners will be announced on 5 July
- Entries are open to anyone, regardless of geographical location
- Prizes: 1st prize is $1,000! (Subject to change based on local currency)
- Plus the top 2 runners-up will each get a $500 prize
How to enter
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
The company you work for is not on the Top 100 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) companies list. This list provides a set of guidelines and standards that investors use to identify risks and opportunities for growth within a company. By earning a spot on this list, your business will be recognized as one that promotes conservation of the natural world, consideration of people and relationships, and best practices for running a company. Your CEO would like to know what it'd take to crack the Top 100! Create an executive dashboard with Astrato to share your findings with your CEO, and secure your spot on this prestigious list!
Sign up for Astrato
- Sign up at app.astrato.io
- Join our community of Astratonauts in the Astrato Galaxy to ask questions, learn more, and be inspired.
Set up your data in Snowflake
- Start a Snowflake free trial (it's free for 30 days!) to gain access to the data
- Snowflake Edition: Enterprise
- Cloud Provider: Google Cloud
- Connect to the Snowflake Data Marketplace dataset for live, ready-to-query data
- Then go to “Environment Data Atlas”
- And click “Get Data”
- Don't change anything. Click “Get Data” again
- The data will appear under the tables in “Gaialens Snowflake Secure Share 1650047420321” Database
- Next, you will need to run the SQL commands contained in this text file "CompanyInformation.txt"
- You can highlight all lines and run the full script. It may take a few minutes to complete. This is to initialize the data you need.
- You have now created a database, company fact table, and copy of the Snowflake Data that you will use for this challenge.
Connect your data to Astrato
In Astrato, create a new workbook, add a new “Data View” and then add “New Data Source” and select “Snowflake” to connect to your Snowflake account.
- Toggle the Configure manually option
- Choose the Connection Type: Account Name. Follow the screenshot for examples of what to fill in for Account and Organization (but use yours!)
- Once you test the connection, pick the tables from your Snowflake data warehouse, and join the data tables together on the column called 'SYMBOL' in the Data View Editor. View our Data View Editor page for instructions
Start your data exploration
- Explore the data and put together an executive dashboard to address your mission
- We are looking for:
- An informative and professional dashboard
- A creative and easy-to-understand data story
- Your submission to include the use of an input box, which will allow you to capture additional information. Be creative! View our Astrato Writeback - Input Form page for instructions
Launch your work
- Enable and create an Embed link for submission, view our Embeds - Overview and Key Steps page for instructions
- Log into Astrato Galaxy
- Go to the Inspiration category
- Create a New post and share your submission by posting a screenshot and inserting the Embed link created earlier
- Write 1-2 sentences on any interesting findings or conclusions and don't forget to add the “GoodViz” tag to your submission
- Share your submission on LinkedIn and tag @AstratoAnalytics (We'd really love that.)
- Follow @AstratoAnalytics on LinkedIn for updates on the challenge and to see if you won. Good luck!
Enable everyone to make live data decisions
Experience all the possibilities of live data insights with Astrato, free for up to five users.Sign up now
Subscribe to receive the latest
news and updates from Astrato